Creating the Vignette
Lomo photos have a strong and noticeable vignette. We’ll start off by adding a strong vignette to the photo.
Open a photo to edit.
Follow the steps below according to the version of Photoshop you’re using:
- For Photoshop CS2:
- Choose Filter> Distort> Lens Correction.
- Inside the Lens Correction filter, adjust the settings in the Vignette section to create the vignette.
- For Photoshop CS or older:
- Create a new layer and select the new layer.
- Use the Lasso tool and create an oval selection. It doesn’t have to be perfect.
- Inverse the selection (Select> Inverse or Shift+Ctrl+I).
- Press Shift+Backspace to open the Fill tool. In the Fill tool, set the contents to Black and click OK.
- Deselect (Select> Deselect or Ctrl+D).
- Open the Gaussian Blur filter tool (Filter> Blur> Gaussian Blur). In the Gaussian Blur window, ensure that the Preview checkbox is checked and adjust the Radius to blur the edges so that a vignette is created.
- Reduce the opacity a little. An opacity around 75% should produce good results.