Create this Fantasy depicting scene of heaven and hell. This tutorial covers topics like creating reflections in moving water, ice cube with frost on it, turning daytime photos into nighttime, and many more.
Create this “Heaven & Hell” Photo ManipulationReviewed by Santhosh Koneru on Apr 16Rating:
In this step we are going to create a wooden house in the background.
Cut the image of the Wooden House into a new layer using the Pen Tool (P).
2) Now import the house image on to the working canvas and place it on the left side as shown.
3) Since the house is bright we need to reduce the exposure of the house image using the Exposure.
-With the house layer selected go to Image>Adjustments>Exposure and set the Gamma Correction=0.72.
In this step we are going to paint some dark shadows on the wooden house. While painting the dark shade we must consider the light properties and the direction.
-Using the soft round brush with the black color selected paint the dark shade as shown in a separate layer. Make sure that the bottom part of the house is completely dark.
As we know that the colors appear de-saturated in the dark, we need to create the same effect here. -Now create a Hue/Saturation Adjustment layer above all the layers and set the Saturation Level=-64 and Lightness=-5.
In this step we are going to add a texture to the scene and color correct the scene to get the perfect night effect.
Import the image of the Texture onto the canvas and set the Blending Mode of the layer to Multiply and reduce the Opacity to 76%.
2) Now create a Curves Adjustment layer above all the layers and set the RGB curves as shown.
In this step we are going to create an Ice Cube floating in air. This ice cube represents the Heaven in this theme.
Draw the outline of the ice cube as shown.
2) Now fill light blue color in the shape of the outline.
3) Using the Frost Brush with white color selected paint the frost on the front corners of the cube.
4) Duplicate the previously painted frost layer and transform it to fit the prospective of the cube using the Move Tool (V).
5) Similarly add more frost on both the sides using the frost brushes.
6) Since this is a magical ice cube we need to add a glow effect to it. Merge all the layers of the cube and the frost together and name it as “ice cube” . With the layer selected go to Filter>Distort>Diffuse Glow and add a Glow Amount=6 and Clear Amount=18.
Usually when we remove the ice from the freezer we find frost smoke emitting from them. Hence we are going to add the same effect here.
Using the Smoke Brush paint white smoke around the ice cube.
2) Now using the smoke brush create smoke coming from the womenâ€™s hand to illustrate that the cube is formed by the aura power of the women.
In this step we are going to create a fire ball on the other side of the women. Here fire represents hell.
Import the image of the Fire on to the canvas and erase it in circular shape using the Eraser Tool (E).
-You can even use a Circular Mask (M) with feather 24px and erase the image in circular shape.
2) Now import another image of fire on to the canvas and set the blending mode of the layer to Screen and place it as shown.
3) Similarly complete the fire ball as shown using multiple fire images.
4) In this step we will be creating a glow to the fire ball. Using the Soft Round Brush paint the color #f4b906 as shown above the fire ball and set the Blending Mode of the layer to Screen and lower the Opacity of the layer to 20%.